My family has been missing cookies so I had a think and whipped these up today.
They took me all of 15 minutes to prepare and they taste really good. They’re crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle. The dates give natural sweetness so there’s no need for any other sweetener. The boys and hubby gave their approval so I think they’ll be a weekly treat in their lunch boxes.
I made 11 cookies out of this mixture. Jamari and I ate some before I realised I hadn’t taken a picture!
1.5 cup of dates, soaked in hot water (unless you’re using fresh dates)
2 cups of almond meal
1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
• Preheat your oven to 190°
• Soak the dates with boiling water for 5 minutes
• Put the dates in a food processor and pulse until they’re broken down. You might need to add a little of the water you soaked them in.
• Add the almond meal and vanilla. Pulse until combined.
• Spoon the mixture onto a lined baking tray. The mixture will be sticky. Shape into a rough circle with wet hands.
• Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are brown and crisp on the outside.