These muffins are so moist and yummy, perfect for babies as finger food, toddlers and kids’ lunchboxes.
I whipped these up in 10 minutes using just one bowl, awesome huh?! I even took a call from my good friend Llywela in UK while I was spooning the mixture into the cases.
My baby was asleep and my toddler started out wanting to help but ended up doing water play instead.
I’m loving baking using buckwheat flour, its such a healthy alternative plus its gluten free.
If you’re after a quick, healthy muffin recipe these are it.
3 small apples, skinned and grated
1 flax egg
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinammon
1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1. Prepare the flax egg (mix 1 tablespoon of ground linseed with 3 tablespoons of water and leave in the fridge while you grate the apples)
2. Skin and grate the apples into a bowl
3. Add the cinnamon, pure maple syrup, almond milk, baking powder, flour, and flax egg to the apples
4. Mix well
5. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 silicone muffin cases
6. Cook on 180° for 15 – 20 mins until a skewer comes out dry. The skewer will be a little sticky but thats good!
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack
Easy peasy!! Let me know if you try them and what you think.