Since coming home from our holiday, I’ve not been as motivated or inspired as I was before. I think it’s the coming back to reality and the routine of normal life.
However, I was inspired by the So Vegan recipe I posted to my Facebook page yesterday. I adapted their recipe as my basil plants aren’t doing so good and I don’t have any walnuts at the moment.
This recipe is so quick, it only takes 15 minutes from start to finish and uses only 1 pot! It’s perfect for lunch or a quick dinner. It’s not only quick; but it’s full of nutrients, fiber, protein and flavour.
Josiah whose 2.5 yrs ate a big bowl and Janayah who is 1 yr ate a decent bowl for lunch today. The rest will be eaten by Jamari after his rugby game and if there’s any left I’ll freeze it for Janayah’s lunches.
For the pasta:
2 cups whole grain pasta
1 head of broccoli, chopped
For the sauce:
1 can cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
2 tsp garlic
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (for a cheesy flavour. Leave it out if you don’t like it)
1 tsp mixed herbs (I used dried)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
Pinch of salt and black pepper
3/4 cup pasta water
1. Boil the kettle
2. Cook pasta as per packet instructions
3. Chop brocolli
4. Add all sauce ingredients except the pasta water into a blender
5. With 5 minutes cooking to go, add the broccoli to the pasta
6. Once the pasta is cooked and the broccoli is to your liking, drain the water reserving 3/4 cup
7. Add the pasta water to the blender. Blend until smooth. Add more water if you want the sauce thinner
8. Mix the sauce through the pasta and broccoli and serve
Easy peasy! Let me know if you make it and what you think.