We all loved the sweet version of these pikelets that I made last week, I thought I’d try a savoury one.
Peas and sweetcorn are a great match because they cook really quickly from frozen and my kids love them.
I froze a batch of these for the lunchboxes and they defrosted really well.
I used a Moroccan garlic seasoning just to give them a real flavor kick. I buy this from a supplier at the seaside market here in New Plymouth.
This recipe made 24 small pikelets.
1 cup rice flour
1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or other plant milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 flax egg
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp Moroccan garlic seasoning
1 cup of peas and sweetcorn (I used frozen)
1. Prepare your flax egg and set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl mix the rice flour, baking powder and seasoning with a whisk.
3. Add the flax egg and milk, mix well.
4. Add the peas and sweetcorn.
5. Heat a non stick frying pan to medium without oil. Spoon small amounts of the mixture into the pan. Don’t overcrowd the pan.
6. Cook for around 2 minutes or until brown and flip for another minute.
7. Serve immediately with hummus, any sauce you’d like or a salad. Alternatively, cool and freeze.
If you make this recipe don’t forget to share a photo and tag me on Instagram 😉