As you probably know by now, I bake all the lunchbox items and we love muffins! These ones are pretty simple, a bit decadent and very yummy.
I’ve used Whittakers 72% cocoa dark Ghana instead of chocolate chips. Only because I actually bought it to eat a few weeks ago and I forgot about it. Just goes to show that I’m not addicted to sugar and chocolate as I once was!!
So, these muffins will freeze really well if they last that long. They’ll keep for a week in an air tight container in the fridge.
This recipe made 12 small muffins and 2 large ones.
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp pure maple syrup (I didn’t use it, but if you want some extra sweetness put it in)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 flax egg
3/4 cup of chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
2 cups wholemeal flour
2 cups plant milk (I used rice milk)
1. Pre heat the oven to 180°c
2. Prepare the flax egg and leave it in the fridge (1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water)
3. Mash the banana
4. Add vanilla, cinnamon, flax egg and maple syrup if using and mix
5. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder
6. Add flour mix and milk to the banana and mix well
7. Stir in the chocolate
8. Spoon into muffin cases and cook for 15 minutes until golden and well risen
Let me know what you think if you make these xx