I had been dreaming of rice crispy cakes for a few days before I finally made these. They’re so simple and fun to eat; perfect for a snack, party food or dessert for all ages!
I made a slice rather than cakes, but you can make cakes if you like.
These are an occasional treat in our house, but one I don’t mind my baby eating. They will keep in the fridge in an air tight container. Mine lasted 2 days before we ate them all!
1. 125g Whittakers 70% dark Ghana chocolate (or any dairy free dark chocolate with a high cocoa content)
3. 2 tbsp of plant milk
2. 4 cups of rice crispies (puffed rice)
3. 2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Line a tray with baking paper. It needs to be at least 2 inches deep
2. Break up the chocolate roughly and place in a large non metallic bowl with the milk
3. Microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring until chocolate is melted
4. Add the rice crispies and chia seeds to the chocolate and mix well until all the rice crispies are coated
5. Press mixture into the lined tray and place in the fridge or freezer to chill (I put them in the freezer so they chill quicker, around 20 minutes)
6. Remove slice from the tray, cut into pieces and eat!