Last week we decided to make some sweet treats; peanut butter & chocolate cups. They’re absolutely delicious and very moreish. I’m sure the kids ate more peanut butter & chocolate while they were making them!
This is something the kids can pretty much do by themselves, apart from melting the chocolate as they can’t reach the microwave.
They love the feeling of responsibility and accomplishment of doing it by themselves. As long as you’re prepared for lots of chocolatey mess, spoon licking, double dipping and a messy finished product; you’ll enjoy it as much as they do.
Here’s the recipe:
Makes 22 cups
* A million spoons
* Several cloths to wash with
* Lots of patience
* Self restraint so as not to interfere
* 3 cups dairy free dark chocolate chips melted (I use 70% Ghana gallets from vetro)
* 3/4 cup peanut butter (I use smooth. You might not use this much, but the kids will eat it as they go!)
* Line 2 muffin trays with silicone muffin cups
* Spoon 2-3 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Try to spread it out as evenly as possible
* Place the trays in the fridge or freezer until solid (this will only take 10 minutes max)
* Spoon a teaspoon or as much as they like of peanut butter onto the solid chocolate (spread it out a little)
* Cover the peanut butter with the rest of the melted chocolate (try to cover all the peanut butter, but it really doesn’t matter)
* Place the trays into the fridge or freezer until set (again this will only take 10 minutes max. Enough time to wash hands, legs, faces, chairs, table 😂)
Then pop them out of the muffin cups and eat!
Store them in an airtight container either in the fridge or freezer for as long as they last. I suggest stashing some at the back of the fridge for yourself 😂
* If you can’t do peanut butter, use a chia jam instead *