We had a wonderful day at The Rocks Venue in November for my cooking class ‘A Plant Based Christmas’. Sharing my passion for cooking plant based food is my favourite thing to do! Knowing that people enjoy my food and learn something new is an amazing feeling.
- Buckwheat Tarts with smoked cashew cheese & asparagus
- Nut Roast
- Quinoa tabbouleh
- Strawberry ‘no cheese’ cake
Thank you to everyone who came today and to Alex & Mike for opening up your home and venue for us. It was a privilege to spend the day with you all; sharing, laughing, cooking, learning, connecting and of course eating!
There would’ve been some happy tummies this Christmas 😋
If you’d like to come to my next class, check out my events and book in quick! It’s on 11th January at Pathua Lodge. We’ll be cooking up recipes from my latest eBook ‘Get Set for Summer’. Click the link below:
A Taste Of Summer
Last week we decided to make some sweet treats; peanut butter & chocolate cups. They’re absolutely delicious and very moreish. I’m sure the kids ate more peanut butter & chocolate while they were making them!
This is something the kids can pretty much do by themselves, apart from melting the chocolate as they can’t reach the microwave.
They love the feeling of responsibility and accomplishment of doing it by themselves. As long as you’re prepared for lots of chocolatey mess, spoon licking, double dipping and a messy finished product; you’ll enjoy it as much as they do.
Here’s the recipe:
Makes 22 cups
* A million spoons
* Several cloths to wash with
* Lots of patience
* Self restraint so as not to interfere
* 3 cups dairy free dark chocolate chips melted (I use 70% Ghana gallets from vetro)
* 3/4 cup peanut butter (I use smooth. You might not use this much, but the kids will eat it as they go!)
* Line 2 muffin trays with silicone muffin cups
* Spoon 2-3 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Try to spread it out as evenly as possible
* Place the trays in the fridge or freezer until solid (this will only take 10 minutes max)
* Spoon a teaspoon or as much as they like of peanut butter onto the solid chocolate (spread it out a little)
* Cover the peanut butter with the rest of the melted chocolate (try to cover all the peanut butter, but it really doesn’t matter)
* Place the trays into the fridge or freezer until set (again this will only take 10 minutes max. Enough time to wash hands, legs, faces, chairs, table 😂)
Then pop them out of the muffin cups and eat!
Store them in an airtight container either in the fridge or freezer for as long as they last. I suggest stashing some at the back of the fridge for yourself 😂
* If you can’t do peanut butter, use a chia jam instead *
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 🎄
Are you all set? Got all your gifts? 🎁
If you’re buying for someone who needs some plant based deliciousness in their lives, or you need some; I’m giving you the chance to buy my new summer eBook ‘Get Set for Summer’ for only $25 👏 Just use the code ‘Christmas’ at the checkout.
It’s a meal plan and cookbook all in one! 👏
It’s packed with 40 quick, delicious and vibrant plant based recipes, which will ease you into plant based cooking and get you set for summer! 😋🏖🌞
Treat your family and friends to a feast this Christmas and summer season with my BBQ Jack fruit burgers which everyone loves. Or be the talk of the table with my fresh freekah salad & pea felafel!
Get it here ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Hurry this offer is available for 1 week only!