Weekends are for pancakes!
Most kids love pancakes, but if like me you hate standing at the stove for 30 minutes flipping them and listening to the kids screaming ‘are they ready yet?’ This recipe is for you.
It’s so easy, just mix, pour and bake. Everyone gets to eat at the same time and your not standing around for ages….win, win!
I didn’t have any yogurt this morning so we just had ours with rice syrup. You can use whatever fruit you have too. Plus you can change up the flours to any you prefer.
2 flax eggs (14g ground flax seed and 10g water)
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup organic rice syrup (plus extra for serving)
3/4 cup organic buckwheat flour
1 cup organic wholemeal flour
2 1/4 cups soy milk (or any plant milk you like)
1 1/2 cups mixed frozen berries
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Line a square 10 inch pan with baking paper
* In your thermomix or food processor add:
2 flax eggs – mix gently for a few seconds and leave it to thicken for a minute while you get the other ingredients ready
* Add in the bananas, vanilla, cinnamon, rice syrup if using and baking powder. Blend until smooth; around 10 seconds
* Add buckwheat flour, wholemeal flour, soy milk and blend until combined
* Add berries and mix gently, being careful not to break up the berries
* Pour into lined tray and tap it on the bench to ensure the mixture is even
* Bake on the top shelf for 20-25 mins. The top should be nice and brown and the berries gently bursting
* Leave to cool for 5 minutes before slicing
* Serve with fresh fruit, your favourite yogurt and or rice syrup